Well here I am at the beginning of the second Web 2.0 programme, and it's time for me to "get with it!!". And better late than never, right?! In typical Miss Frazzled fashion I'm already behind, but with four weeks to go I am confident I will be able to finish, and hopefully be not too "frazzled" by the time I finish!
So, module one, topic one: Online Privacy and Security. I found the resources provided in the topic useful and I would pass them on to others. I wasn't so fond of the video, (I found the narrator's voice hard to understand [and not because of the accent!] and the writing was hard to read) but I especially found that McAfee's brochure had great tips and advice.
Advice I think that would be useful to give to patrons is to create a password that is hard for others to crack- a password that has a combination of upper and lower case letters, contains both letters, numbers and symbols, and one that they don't use for other accounts. If another user accesses a patrons Pharos account they could use their credit for copying/printing, and if they access their 'My Info' account they can see their full name, address, telephone and cellphone numbers and e-mail address/s. I think it is important to also teach patrons to log out of their accounts when they have finished using library equipment- whether it be public Internet terminals, MFDs, self-issue machine or OPACs.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment