Before I start I must confess to already being a fan of Twitter....perhaps it's because I'm a nosey parker! I don't have my own account yet, but I regularly follow various actors, athletes and TV shows on Twitter. They seem to Twitter for promotional purposes and to connect with their fans. It's good for links to magazine or television interviews they have done, exclusive photos from filming, and hearing small tidbits of what they are doing in their day. One feature I do like on Twitter is the 'verified account' badge. It is too easy these days to find many people pretending to be famous people on the web, so it's good that you know it is the actual person themselves tweeting.... or not.
I have been a fan of Meg Cabot's books for a few years now so I visited her Twitter account. She seems to use her Twitter to provide fans links of updates on her website, and she also posts about news articles that she finds interesting. I liked the personal style of her tweets, I found it friendly.
I also visited GrammarGirl's (is that gramatically correct?!) Twitter account. She uses her Twitter to promote reviews and events for her work and also comments on news articles that interest her. Her Twitter seems to be really just for marketing and she doesn't really include any personal details- like what she has been doing that day, funny anecdotes etc. Which is fine but most of the Twitter accounts I follow do so I found the account a little less welcoming....and interesting.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment