Wednesday, November 18, 2009

OpenID

I do like the idea of OpenID, because let's face it, if you don't regularly visit a site it can be easy to forget the username and/or password that you signed up with- or even the answer to the "secret question" you so cleverly came up with so no-one could crack it- even you!! Yes, I would use OpenID for websites, I think it would be great for sites like Bloglines, del.icio.us, YouTube, Flickr, etc if I only had one login for the lot. The only downside I could think of is that you could only use OpenID for sites you were signing up to in the future- not retrospectively. For example, on YouTube it tells me I can sign in with my Yahoo! account. Great, expect I've already been a member of YouTube for 2+ years, so if I started signing in with my Yahoo! account I'd lose all my subscriptions, favourite vids, friends etc and have to start again. That's the same for a lot of similar sites too that I have already been using.

No comments: