I started off by doing a search for 'Hull' (a city in England) using Twitter's basic search option. I found out that the city is biding to become one of the host cities for the 2018 Football World Cup. Only about a third of the tweets on the page were relevant to the city, though.
I repeated my search using 'ChirpCity'. I had to scroll through about a dozen tweets before I found a relevant one, and again they mentioned Hull's bid for the world cup. ChirpCity seems to be an American site, because all the cities on the homepage are in America! I thought they would at least have the main cities around the world as well- London, Paris, etc. For my search, I don't think ChirpCity was the right search engine to use.
Though I was familiar with Twitter before this exercise, I hadn't used the search options before. I didn't have much success with my searches for this topic, but I did get some great search results for topics I practised with, so I'll definitely be using Twitter search options in the future.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment