OK, I have to admit that even before I started this exercise I was a huge fan of YouTube. After discovering it just over a year ago, I've become seriously addicted. I have an account and have "subscribed" to many "channels"- this is great because you get a list of new videos they have uploaded. I watch videos of clips from TV programmes (past and present) and sometimes even whole episodes, music videos, and interviews/news clips of athletes, celebrities that I wouldn't get to see otherwise. And I think it is pretty user-friendly. The layout is simple and everything is just a single click away. I search for videos that I want to watch, rather than view the "featured" or "videos being watched right now" etc, but like any search you get results that aren't relevant. I'm not a fan of the "comments" feature on each video because it doesn't seem to be well-moderated, and while you can get useful answers (i.e. "what is the background music in your video?", "do you have 'x' song by 'x' band as well?") there is also a lot of spam/obscene comments, etc. I think YouTube is good because there are lots of videos on there that are educational but you wouldn't get to view as easily any other way.
Here is a video that I like, it is "Why Gorillas aren't allowed in the library". Takapuna staff would have seen it already but it still gives me a chuckle each time I watch it- see for yourself:
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you Miss Frazzled for your excellent help. Your site is fantastic
Miss Frazzled - you have obviously got a real grip on these 23 things and I am jealous of your ability (or dismayed at my inability). I am going to peruse your site for hints and tips.
Hazel
Post a Comment