Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Library 2.0

Web 2.0- well to me it seems it is all about letting everyone upload content to the web- whether it be blogs, pictures, videos, etc. On this programme so far one thing I have learnt so far while working through the exercises is Bloglines and RSS feeds. It's something I hadn't really had much experience with before and it took me awhile to get my head around, but after my initial feeling that I wouldn't use it much, I have to say I'm now checking my Bloglines account everyday! It's really handy to have everything come to me in one place and not have to visit some sites because I know they have no news updates. And I thought it was great that we had RSS feeds from the Olympics on our website, it showed one example of how we can incorporate Web 2.0 into our work.

No comments: