We just got a Skype phone over the weekend. I had to show my Dad how to type a message to a friend on Skype, rather than call them. It didn't take me long to figure it out, having used MSN for years, and when I said this to him he said "Yes, well you have to show me these things, I need to learn them." It was a reminder to me that I'm lucky as I am surrounded by techonology and have grown up with it, but not everyone has and so it's my turn to show him something, the way he has helped me with many, many things over the years!!
I use technology all the time- I have a TV and DVD recorder, a laptop I use to post on forums, watch videos on YouTube, keep in contact with my friends via e-mail, IM and social networking sites like FaceBook and MySpace. But I still learn new things all the time!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The 'new' technology has really made staying in touch so much more immediate and easier. And the ever changing technology scene just makes life more interesting.
Post a Comment