Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Google Web Searches

Wow, there are so many search engines out there!! At the moment I'm feeling rather overwhelmed. Maybe it's because Google is the search engine I am most familiar with, but I did prefer that to the others. The options are great for limiting your search into the direction you want it to go. Because you can already search images and news seperately, I found some of the other options more useful, such as by blogs or forums. With the news option I did find it useful being able to limit the time though, for past day or so. Then you won't get a lot of results you've already read. I didn't find that my results differed too much between the search engines, though interestingly enough the images were different on each search engine! Overall I found the options easy to use. I found Exalead a bit cluttered, but I did like their thumbnail previews of the sites. I liked the reference feature on Bing very comprehensive, they were taken from Wikipedia and expanded.

No comments: